Friday, November 11, 2011

9/18/11

Pulled off the intake today. It's REALLY warped. My friend is going to try to deck it for me, and I'm going to replace the gaskets and use some gasket sealer. Hopefully that'll be enough to get the job done, but the flanges are pretty thin, so we'll see.

While the intake is off, I'm going to relocate the fuel pressure regulator and make a cleaner looking bracket (or rather have my friend make the bracket - I don't make things) and install a Weldon fuel filter and some new fuel lines since some of the existing braided lines are frayed. Also going to order a vacuum manifold and organize the vacuum lines. Thinking I'm going to upgrade injectors before I retune it since it's something I want to do soon anyway and it makes more sense to do it that way. The car is probably going to be down all winter long though.

Hopefully I'll have some new pics late next week or early the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment