Friday, November 11, 2011

8/24/11

I'm almost embarrassed to post about this. Almost. It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday...I think I need to stay away from cars for awhile.

Yesterday when I got to the smog station and turned off my car in the smog bay, it started smoking like crazy. I popped the hood and saw that the coolant line to the turbo was leaking. I pulled the car into the parking lot, let it cool off, then cut off the end of the hose and put it back on. The hose had BURNED to the nipple on the turbo. It isn't exactly rated for that sort of heat. Pulled the car back in, they started testing it, and it started spewing coolant again. I forgot to put the cap on the reservoir. Go me.

Then I took the car to the drag strip tonight with the cats still on it. On the way there, I noticed that it was running super rich...anywhere from 11:1 to 9.5:1. My first run, I knew something wasn't right. It wouldn't boost past 12-13 lbs. Hoping it's just a boost leak, but it was too dark to see much of anything. It was my first time ever drag racing, and my best 60' was 2.561. My best time (don't make fun of me) was a 14.624@106.85. Big, huge, gigantic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment