Sunday, February 26, 2012

The bolt thief...

Looking back at my last post and then today's post makes me realize how bad I am at remembering to take pictures. There's a big gap in my picture taking timeline. Oops. Sorry.

Last Monday, we put the finishing touches on the motor and I brought it home in the back of the fast wagon (which I conveniently forgot to photograph). It fits perfectly in the back, for future reference. It sat in my garage all week untouched until last night. I was working away, putting the clutch and flywheel on with brand new bolts that came individually packed in little plastic bags. I went to install my PCV valve, which had been sitting right next to me, and couldn't find it anywhere. Looked under the car, checked every box, searched the entire garage, then started retracing my steps. I walked into the yard and found it on the ground, along with a few other bolts. Went inside and found more in my dog's bed. My dog had been running into the garage with a strange sense of urgency, then quickly running back out. He always does odd things like that, so I didn't think much of it, but the little brat was stealing my bolts!

My friend came over today and helped me get the engine installed. The only things left to install now are the turbo and exhaust, radiator, airbox, and a few other little things. I was so busy, I only remembered to take one picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment